Sunday, February 24, 2013

Why do Pandas do Handstands?

(source)

For a very long time, Animals were thought to be boring, senseless creatures with no intelligence. This book is all about proving the people who thought that wrong. The book Why do Pandas do Handstands by Augustus Brown, is written kind of strangely in my opinion. It is split into sections, with a brief summary of each section, and then lists off peculiar facts, such as mice sing to their partners, or that caterpillars can roar, or that parrots understand the concept of zero. While the general idea of the book is good, I thought that this might have been better if the author had wrote one book on each section, and then expanded on each animal listed. All in all, I would give this book a two out of five stars, because it wasn't as satisfying of a read as it could have been with all the information in the book. But if you're looking for a quick read or to just learn some interesting facts about animals, this book might be for you.



Just one of many Amazing Animals



2 comments:

  1. I really liked the video and the book seems very interesting. I like how you added some fun facts/things you learned from your book. But I would read over the post to check for grammar errors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book seems really interesting! But I think your post strayed from the ideas and facts in the book and what it was really about to topics such as the layout and the style the book was written in. You said animals were much more exciting then people think they are so I would have liked to learn more about them. The facts you did have though made me interested in more things animals can do! You have a really good hook!

    ReplyDelete