Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Brain And Love

Have you ever asked the question, why do I feel love? The Brain And Love is a book about love and how the brain and emotions you feel ties in with that. This book describes different types of love and feelings associated with relationships and mental connections. The brain and the emotion of love come together in varying stimulating situations. One of the most interesting things I learned from this book was the triangular theory of love. The first corner of the triangle is intimacy (close feelings of connections), the second corner is decision/commitment (decision to love a person), and the third corner is passion (driving force leading to romance). There are also negative sides to love.
Marvin Rosen

Depression can come in when the one you love does not feel the same way about you. There is an incredibly strong bond between mothers and babies, so if the mother does not care about the baby, he/she might grow up to be depressed as if they're missing a piece to themselves and their. But there are many positive sides to love as well! When two people feel a strong bond towards each other it's an amazing feeling! Some people don't feel whole until they find love.

http://www.ted.com/talks/helen_fisher_studies_the_brain_in_love.html



3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your post and learning about the different kids of love and the love triangle - how interesting! I think I'm going to need to go to the library and get this book out to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really cool book. The TED talk is great. I agree with Ms. Laundon on that the triangle is really cool. I might also have to read it. Did you like the book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book seemed really interesting!! I liked how you explained to us the Triangle of Love but I was wondering if it was used for anything or if it just existed to explain love. Still, I thought it was really interesting. One thing I would have liked to read of was your opinions. Did you like the book? Was it interesting the whole time? I thought your post was really interesting and really intrigued me. Also the TED talk was really good!!

    ReplyDelete