Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Odyssey Of KP2

I read the book by Terrie M. Williams called The Journey Of KP2. I thought the book was pretty good. Terrie is a world renowned scientist and that gives you an inside look at the world of scientist. In this blog you'll learn about the great things that Terrie teaches you.

I really enjoyed how you get to see all the different methods that scientists use for measuring and learning new things about ainmals. Also you get to see that scientists learn so many new things when reasearching an ainmal. Sometimes when you think of scientists, you always think they now everything but this makes them more human to me. The humaness of the book is the thing I enjoy the most. But the one complaint I do have for the book is that there was not taht much excitement and it left you wanting more. But as I said, being able to see what a scientist does is overshadows the bad things.

Here is a link talking about Terrie M. Willams http://freshfiction.com/author.php?id=30187. The book is about a hawaian monk seal who is abandoned by his motehr. Then the seal is nursed to health by the humans in hawaii. KP2 as he is known soon becomes an island favorite.But teh narrator decides that this is the perfect oprurtunity to study the almost extinct seal speices.Then you learn teh sweet story of a seal who just wants to be loved.

Here is a picture of an hawaiian monk seal: 












The seal is a very lovable and cute creature. Here is a link explaining more about it http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/pr/species/mammals/pinnipeds/hawaiianmonkseal.htm.


The one problem with Kp2 was blind, so it wa sharder to do reserach on him. Some pople said he should be uthanized but as you see in this video he was just amazing seal.

I thought this book was an amazing book and it really moved me, I highly recomend it!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! This book sounds fascinating, and your description leaves me wanting to know more. KP2 sounds like an amazing and resilient seal. I also love the video, it's adorable and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! The post is amazingly detailed and makes me want to know more about it. The seal is awesome. Love the video it's really cute and funny (the music really fits to).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that comment was a repost my computer was being laggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to read this book! It sounds very cool and the post is very insightful. I'm very intrigued by KP2's story and he sounds like an amazing and very inspirational seal. The video was adorable and only makes me want to read it more. Great job!

    ReplyDelete